Monday, November 8, 2010

Vision

 MY LIST:

1. To have a career in a top finance firm (one that I enjoy waking up every morning for!)
2. To be married and start a family by age 28
3. To never have financial struggles

Addressing my 1st "vision", hopefully by graduating from Baruch College, a great and well known business school, it will help me out tremendously on the job hunts and interview processes. Also, with good connections and a great internship at Northwestern Mutual right now, I can hopefully impress one of these firms, and get the job! 

Starting a family is something I would never rush into, but it has always been a dream of mine. I would like to get into my profession and be involved in it for a few years first, then i would consider taking time off for children.

Working hard, having drive and ambition, setting goals, etc. are just a few things I can think of that will lead me on my way to accomplishing #3. Business is a great field to get into (If you're cut out for it) in terms of the many different job options, fields, and salary potential. I will work as hard and as long as it takes to prove myself to whomever it is i have to, to show them what a great asset I can and will be to the company. By showing what I can "bring to the table", I hope to get those incredible bonuses on top of my salary and commissions :-)

8 comments:

  1. Being a women in the Financial world these day's is very ambitious of you. Women are integrating more and more into these types of fields, and your the proof of it. Keep your vision, and I am sure you will achieve what you set out to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business is a competitive field to get into depending exactly what you plan to do. When the word "business" is thrown out in a conversation, I would say a depiction of a man's world is drawn. With the unemployment rate hanging around 9.6 %, any women who shows strength to go fetch a job in a job market now is good to see especially in the business field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that you don't have to rush into marriage and having kids. My mom used to tell me that it's best to focus on your career first and once you've had your fill, then you can focus on building a family. With regards to your ambition of getting a job in a top finance firm, I trust that you'll succeed. I wish you good luck in your job hunt and I hope that you'll accomplish all the things that you want to achieve in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That initiative is beautiful. Drive, passion, and knowledge has been the key factors my older friends have which allowed them to catalyze their careers. We share that. I may not have everything mapped out but I will embrace the day I expand my family.I also never want to financially struggle; not only do I like nice things but my family is my priority, whether it be my future husband or bloodline. Family is an important part of my core and have supported all my lavish endeavors. All in all good luck in all your future endeavors, shoot for those beautiful bright stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see that you're in no hurry to start a family. Finding something you love to do first should always come first so you know what direction your life is headed. The fact that you seem so enthusiastic about your opportunities in the future and about what you're doing now is a great start and i wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, first off I have to compliment you on the fact that you want to have a family. I am the same way, but I feel the whole notion of family life is dying out. It is refreshing to know that people are still holding on to the notion of holding down the business mentality coupled with the a family orientated individual. I know I am only 25 years old, but I can't tell you how many times I have heard from older people that you need to be rich to be happy, just to have enough not to worry about it. For a young lady, your a wise one. You have a lot of potential and God willing everything works out for you, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only your vision of no financial troubles was possible for everyone this world would probably no longer exist. I feel as if even the rich have financial trouble these days, but then again it all depends on what you mean by no financial troubles. I do wish you the best of luck and I hope you do get the big bonus on top of everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. with hard i believe you are able to accomplish anything. i think you will do great in your future visions, and hopefully your third goal comes to true it will lead to a less stressful life.

    ReplyDelete