Wednesday, November 17, 2010

D in D-I-S-C

DISC...turns out i am D(i). I feel that this hit the nail right on the head. After reading the explanations and about the qualities that exists within this type, I found myself to definitely posses these qualities. Even the qualities in the "I" group. I had to make a decision of which (D or I) was more dominant in me because they were just about even in my evaluation (which I liked to see because there was a balance between two types and not just a predominance in one). So I was very satsfied with it. I do believe I am an excellent leader, very strong willed and dominant. I tend to love competition, but sometimes do feel like I wish I had more C qualities to add to my label. I believe that many of these qualities are innate, and you can't just "become" another type. I think it is possible to gain knowledge to learn how to posses some characteristics in other types, but realistically "who you are is who you are". I think this evaluation is VERY useful in the outside world to learn about people...especially in a professional setting. It may help you address where and why some certain problems exist between people. This can also be applied to personal situations (ex: relationships between you and loved ones) as well. Very interesting evaluation!

4 comments:

  1. wow i completely agree, "who you are is who you are." i feel that as a person your able to learn and change everyday but you will always be you. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley. I turned out to be Cd type and I found, as you did, that I definitely possess the qualities within these two types. This test was very useful and interesting. I think that the test can help in some degree to understand and predict people's behavior, especially in professional and personal spheres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your statement that sometimes I would like to have some D qualities. Because to be a C type makes me want to have more D qualities to complement my type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. Although we can't just be the type that we want to be, we still can learn more what special in other types. From the DISC test, we can find out what we are behave and how to make the behavior more effectively in job field. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete