Friday, December 3, 2010

Bloggin on Blogger

     Blogs are steadily growing in popularity among people of all ages. It has been something I was always interested in, but never followed through with in creating one until management class. It has been one of my favorite things about our class. It was definitely unique, and most enjoyable in my opinion.
     It allowed us to see what our other classmates thought of certain activities we did in class and learn more about their reasonings and feelings towards them. It also allowed us to verbally communicate with others about our personal outlooks, opinions, and thoughts on the assigned topics. Although we had a set of instructions, I thought it was very cool that we were able to be as free and open as we wanted to be.
   It was good to get away from the textbook too. By having blog assignments that weren't included in the book that the professor found interesting and relevant to our lectures was fun as well. It allowed us to see more about management outside of the written book.
    By paying attention to the due dates, blogging was such a reassuring way to know you could get a good grade counting 20%. I will definitely continue my blog, and probably put more effort into it once the semester comes to and end and all tests and projects are done. I think this is an assignment that should be continued in the future. the only criticism I can give about it is to be a little more informative about the due dates. a lot of people seem to forget with the other coursework they have in other classes.

7 comments:

  1. I agree that the due dates were a bit frusterating, but we probably should have just paid a bit more attention to them. Having a secure 20% of your grade is a nice thing if you follow the process correctly. Hopefully I'll gain about 15 points from mine- that would be good. And I also enjoyed that it was nice to be able to express our opinions in class. It shows us that other classmates are often in the same boat as we are, as well as lets us know that the professor does actually pay attention to how we feel about certain aspects of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley
    I agree with you when you say that this blog was a great idea for the reason that we can express ourselves in an open way. I always been concern about my writting because i always thought that I am a bad writer, so I was scared to put my thoughts into paper. However, since this blog I write more freely and open and I feel like it can actualy take me places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally think the blog was a great idea as well, it is a great way for the whole class to interact as well as thinking about the activities the professor made us do in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These social forums are spreading like wild fire, can you imagine a Blog as a class assingnment.We have to adapt to the times and this is the experience this management class has brought to us. Although the blogs were still educational focused it stll had a twist tgo it off aloowing the students to be open minded on a more casual informal way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was a great experience. A different way to communicate. Something that tought me that I should pay more attention to the due dates.It was a great opportunity to communicate and also to improve our grades. It was a very informative experience.I will continue to blog and sahre my ideas with different people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is an easy assignment that we learn a lot from it. A effective way for us to communicate. Share our experience in class help me understand the concept more. Nice to comment on your blog through this semester, even though we didn't talk a lot in class. I will continue to blog, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. blogs are definitely enjoyable to read. Hopefully i will continue to writes blogs. May be we can just make it as daily entries (not day to day basis). It is also good to read blogs that are made by businessmen and economists.

    ReplyDelete