Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Me

I'm a student at Baruch College in Manhattan. I am currently a junior in the Zicklin School of Business aspiring to become a female CEO at a top firm making millions and millions and then some with being involved in hedge funds too. Hey, the title of my blog isn't "Open Thoughts for Open minds" for nothing :) Unintentionally, I always think of things and situations through a business scope/ point of view. People are often shocked to hear that I am in finance (apparently too "cut throat" for me) because of my appearance: A 5'2" sweet looking red head. Truth is, I find myself to be quite the surprise. I have great communication skills, am very personable, and also extremely knowledgeable in many areas. I have been working in the services industry since age 14 out in East Hampton, NY which has helped me grasp and build upon those qualities. A perfect example of what I just described was my recent hiring by Northwestern Mutual Financial Network as an intern. After a rigorous interview process, they told me I kicked some serious butt (not those words exactly...) and then I landed my position as a financial representative. Aside from school and work...
Family is huge to me. I have a small one, but an extremely loving and crazy one. I used to be a gymnast until I tore my achilles tendon , and a dancer (tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop, etc). I love the beach, being outdoors, traveling, and staying active. I'd say that’s about it in a nutshell.

4 comments:

  1. I like the attitude. Future CEO! Good luck at Northwestern Mutual Financial Network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're on your way to fulfilling your wishes! i really like people with open minds. hard working and knowing the path you will take in life will definitely make it easier on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see a young lady trying to make her way in a testosterone filled job field. You seem very goal oriented. I would love to get together with you, possible for dinner, or maybe drinks, to talk about business further. I have been a CEO for years and I can give you tips to ensure your success. I am the CEO of "As Seen On TV" products sold all over the world. I know a thing or 2. Give my secretary a call and we'll set something up.

    -A.J. Khubani

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem very eager and have a strong desire for success. Just keep doing everything the same and im sure nothing will derail you from your path. Congrats on the recent hiring.

    ReplyDelete